A downloadable game for Windows
Blobkin Blaster VR is a quick breed-em and shoot-em up VR Game. You must defend your blue Villagers from monsters that swoop in from space portals. The catch is your gun is powered by your Villager’s life-blood! In order to defend them, you’ll have to sacrifice them!
This is a Virtual Reality (Oculus Rift, Vive) seated experience.
Grab your gun with one hand, grab a blue Villager with your other, then stick them with your gun’s needle end (the bottom of the hilt) to suck your Villager’s life!
Shoot Monsters that portal in to protect your village. The Monsters will drop food when shot, grab the food and a villager and smash them together to make a fatter (cube) villager. Once you have two Cube Villagers, rub them together to make new Villagers!
The game ends when you lose all your Villagers
Controls Hold down Grip buttons to pickup Trigger to shoot on whichever hand is holding the gun
Authors Theory Studios is a small collective of animators and developers working in AR and character animation. We work virtually, so everyone lives around North America. Folks on the Ludum Dare team were:
- Andrew DiDomenico - Animator
- Ben McDougal - Texture Artist
- Chris Folea - Lead Game Developer & Creative Director <- this man crunched 72 hours :O
- Costas Frost - Particle Artist
- Daniel Manoiu - Sound & Music
- David Andrade - Taskmaster/Producing
- Iliana Ortiz - Rigging Artist
- Jill Blue - Voices, Arborist, Backgrounds
- Kate Sims - Scripts, Backgrounds
- Katie Patenaude - Social Sharer
- Marc Gordon - Modeler, Texturer
- Michael Richardson - Portaller
- Tatianna Quigley - Character Artist, Graphic Designer
Comments We primarily tested on Oculus Rift, and while it works with Vive, we didn’t playtest it much. Not sure if it work on Windows Mixed Reality (we don’t own one to playtest).
There are a few bugs (shooting a Monster while a Villager is in mid-air will leave them stuck, doh!)
Used additional Sound Effects from Digital Juice (splatter) - However the Music and Voices are our own Used additional particle effects from RTFX Generator (the poof when Monsters die)
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.